Sterre Ferf is passionate about personal development, sports and an overall healthy lifestyle. As a psychologist/coach, yogi and mindfulness trainer she enthusiastically shares her experience and knowledge, aiming to benefit the personal development of others. Due to her unconventional background she has traveled the world and she is open minded, which allows her to connect with a variety of people. As a professional she is conscientious and has a positive and practical approach. Furthermore, ‘down to earth’ and able to ‘explain things clearly’, describe her.
After completing her Master degrees she worked in HR in commercial businesses, experiencing the demands of a high-paced working environment. In 2012 Sterre made a switch to working as a psychologist in the field of Work & Health psychology. Currently she is working in Specialised Mental Healthcare for an international population offering treatment in English as well as Dutch. Sterre counsels all sorts of (business) people to regain vitality and function effectively at work and in their private lives again. The methods Sterre works with are solution focused therapy, psychodrama, CBT, positive psychology, hatha yoga and meditation.
Due to sports injury Sterre discovered the healing power of yoga. Being an active and ambitious person, it is in yoga and meditation that Sterre finds stillness, peace and (re)connection to herself. Having completed several yoga teacher trainings as well as a Mindfulness teacher training, she now blends modern psychology with mindfulness and yoga in various ways to support people in their growth process.
Member of the Dutch Association of Psychologists
Sterre is a member of NIP (Nederlands Instituut van Psychologen/Dutch Association of Psychologists) the largest professional association for psychologists in the Netherlands. She holds the registration ‘Registerpsycholoog NIP/ Arbeid & Organisatie’ which is a trademark for psychologists with a minimum of 2 years post-Master education that meet the NIP’s professional competence standards. Those professionals work according to the NIP Ethical code, have specific knowledge of labour and organisations and working experience in the field of psychology and organisational management. They are specialised in getting the best from the workforce and improve well-being in work settings.
Member of VMBN
Sterre is a member of VMBN, the well respected professional association for Mindfulness based trainers in the Benelux.
As a professional Sterre is keeps developing herself. After a double Master of Science, one in Psychology and another one in Human Resource Management, she completed various post-Master education programs including:
- CBT Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Forta Opleidingen (2019)
- Course ‘Vital people in vital organisations’, Nederlands Instituut van Psychologen, Marjolein Punt (2015)
- Psychodrama training (play an theater techniques in counseling), Psychodrama-Q (2014)
- Psychodiagnostics course ‘Integratieve Multimethodische Psychodiagnostiek’, Psychodiagnostiek Opleidingen Snellen Eurelings (2013)
- EMDR course (trauma therapy), EMDR Centrum Nederland (2012)
- Solution Focussed Therapy, Basic course, Solutions Centre (2012)
- 10-Day retreat with Velnerable Drolma and a 10-day retreats with Alan Wallace. Tushita Meditation Centre, India (Tibetan Buddhism) (2018)
- 10-Days silence retreat. Goenka Vipassana (Buddhist tradition) (2015)
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy, Training for Trainers. Centrum Mindfulness Den Haag (2013)
- Svastha Yoga Therapy program, module 5. Yoga Psychology & Psychiatry for Depression & Addictions (2017)
- Various retreats and intensives with leading teachers like Jules Febre (Jivamukti), Yogeswari (Jivamukti), Bobby Clennell (Iyengar), Clive Sheridan (2017, 2018, 2019)
- Vinyasa Teacher Training course 500-hours, Svaha Yoga Amsterdam (2016)
- Breathwork (Pranayama) courses with Patrick Vermeulen (Svaha Yoga, Amsterdam, 2016) and Viktor van der Kleij (2013)
- Yoga Teachers’ Training course 200-hours (RYS), International Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centres (2010)
Find out how Sterre brings this professional experience into practice in the services that she offers.